Imagine standing barefooted in front of a roaring waterfall surrounded by lush meadows, the damp grass tickling your feet, the deliciously cold air stinging your face as you raise your hands towards the sky and proclaim the greatness of your Lord. #Prayer

~ Just another Muslim girl trying to make a difference. Background was made by my lovely sister. ~





Wednesday, March 13, 2024

Version 4: 25 things about me


This is a re-write of the 25 things about me post that I'd thought I'd do for fun as things have really changed since the last post which you can find here
  1. I love cats and anything cute, although my definition of cute is more like silly  
  2. I have 2 beautiful children under the age of 5 who I love dearly and who I think of as my little kitties sometimes.
  3. I don’t know what to do with my life - I used to want to program video games but now I’m not so sure about that anymore 
  4. I haven't finished playing a video game since having kids - I keep starting them only to drop them mid-way.
  5. I want to die young doing something that pleases Allah. 
  6. I honestly don’t see the point of asking for a long life when we’re going to die one day and live our forever lives in the hereafter - may Allah grant us all Jannat Al Firdous without hisab.
  7. I love learning about respectful parenting and learning to parent the way the Prophet (saw) did
  8. I live in Pakistan now after living in Saudi for most of my life and it honestly has it’s plus points and negative points.
  9. I love talking about psychology with my sister - I love hearing her ideas and sharing what I’ve learned as well.
  10. After finally experiencing seasons, spring is my favourite season - it’s not too hot and not too cold, also the fruits are delicious. 
  11. I love oranges in the winter. 
  12. Fruits in Pakistan taste the best - this is’t much of a fact about me as it an opinion. Although I consider it a fact.
  13. My favourite Pakistani sweets are gulab jamen and barfee.
  14. I’m lactose intolerant so I have to take lactaid before eating anything with milk in it.
  15. I love dipping Sooper cookies into a freshly made hot cup of tea. Let’s just say I’ve turned into a tea lover. 
  16. One of my favourite places to shop for books is from tadabburbooks. 
  17. I love the smell of coffee. 
  18. My favourite exercise is running. 
  19. I’ve got stomach problems - can’t really eat spicy food otherwise my stomach gets upset. Outside food is also a problem.
  20. I’m a terrible designer. Been trying to design something for a blog idea but haven’t gotten anywhere 
  21. I am on bipolar medication - I nearly had.a full blown manic episode in the summer but alhamdulilah because of my family and Allah’s guidance I was protected. 
  22. My medication makes me very sleepy and restless - sometimes sitting still can be very painful. 
  23. I am not ashamed of being bipolar and would like to talk to people about my experience. 
  24. My husband is my best friend - after my sister Sundus of course :p
  25. Travelling with small children can make me anxious but I like travelling to different places with my small family and would like to do more travelling in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Instagram